1) National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) Psychosocial Guideline
In 2007 NICE produced two guidelines on drug misuse. Drug misuse: psychosocial interventions [NICE clinical guideline 51] and Drug misuse: opioid detoxification [NICE clinical guideline 52]. See http://www.nice.org.uk/CG51
2) Clinical trial: Project MATCH
Project MATCH Research Group. (1993). Project MATCH: Rationale and methods for a multisite clinical trial matching patients to alcoholism treatment. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 17, 1130-1145.
3) Clinical Trial: UK Alcohol Treatment Trial (UKATT)
Effectiveness of treatment for alcohol problems: findings of the randomised UK alcohol treatment trial (UKATT). UKATT Research Team
4) Paper: ENABLING DEPENDENT DRUG USERS: A COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL ASSESSMENT
Julian Buchanan [ Buchanan, J ]
5) Article: It makes you think... MATCH - the untold story (Mike Ashton Drug and Alcohol Findings)
Mike Ashton / Findings
6) CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
News and articles library
The Alcohol Health Alliance UK >>
19th April 13 - Sir Ian Gilmore, chair of the Alcohol Health Alliance UK, explains the work of the group and its key aims.
What is Recovery - Drug and Alcohol Findings >>
19th April 13 - What is 'recovery' and what does it mean for the roles of treatment and of doctors?
Electronic cigarettes -Library of the European Parliament >>
18th April 13 - Electronic cigarettes work by by vaporising nicotine liquid...Proponents of e-cigarettes argue that they reduce harm to smokers
NICE to develop alcohol screening QOF targets >>
20th December 12 - At a meeting in Manchester last week, NICE's QOF advisory panel agreed to develop an indicator to screen for alcohol misuse and offer a brief intervention for a subset of patients...